Efficient, Safe and Environmentally Friendly: Welcome to the new world of Remote Auditing.
Remote audits are the same audits that are conducted on site. They go over the same processes and procedures, but they utilize technology to conduct the interviews, document review, tours and more. In some cases, the audit can be fully remote while others are split between remote and on-site.
Benefits of Remote Audits – our new “Better”
- Reduce social contact, complies with visitor restrictions and state travel orders
- Accommodates maintaining certification even when work from home guidelines are in place in your organization.
- Environmentally friendly – significant reduction in carbon footprint
- No auditor or customer travel costs
- Easy to use and proven technologies to facilitate with the same experienced auditors
- Just in time – attend the meeting from anywhere, when you have to
- More flexibility in planning for your team, without the need to attend in person
Partial Remote Audits
If you are not sure on having a fully remote audit or DQS determines that some higher risk processes must be audited onsite, we can perform a partial remote. Partial remote audits can be conducted two ways by either having part of the audit team onsite and part remote or by conducting the audit in two phases. Here are a few examples:
- One auditor is onsite while the other is auditing remotely. The remote auditor will cover more of the leadership and support related processes while the onsite auditor covers topics that require more of a visual of the operation such as production, laboratory or warehousing processes. Where possible, the onsite audit is one that is more local to the facility. This still gives you the benefit of reduced travel costs as well as the comfort of having an auditor on site.
- One auditor is assigned for the full audit and remotely conducts the portion that can effectively be audited remotely. The second part of the audit can then be conducted onsite. This option also works nicely if the facility has only partially reopened or if some of the management and support staff are working remotely still. This still results in lower travel and living costs based on a reduction in hotel and meal expenses for the audit days that are conducted remotely.
Blended Onsite yet Remote Approach
In the current environment of social distancing, we also recognize that some members of our client’s team are operating remotely every day. Where logistically practical, DQS auditors can come onsite and conduct aspects of the audit in the traditional manner and then use remote auditing techniques from a conference room for processes that are currently being conducted in the virtual “work from home” space. Or in some cases, we use a mix of techniques for production areas due to communication constraints of PPE. They may observe production activities and review physical aspects like machine settings and product traceability and status marks in the physical environment. Then they can conduct some interview portions of the audit using technology from the conference room.
Want to Know more?
Ph: (080) 6661-6565 | +91 924 320 3043 | E: Sales.Support@dqs-india.in